In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 new governing legislation takes effect on 25 May 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
Under the GDPR is that individuals have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling; and
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
Seven Kings and Goodmayes Allotment Society (SKGAS) is committed to protecting and securing your data in line with the GDPR and this document outlines our obligations below.
- SKGAS will endure that all data protection legislation is adhered to and will protect securely any data that it collects and stores.
- The data that SKGAS stores and processes is limited to the contact details of members, prospective members (on waiting lists) and former members who have recently relinquished their allotments.
- Personal data such as: names; addresses; email addresses; proof of age; telephone and mobile numbers.
- Data will be used for the purpose of contacting members to send out notices and invoices.
- Members’ data will not be shared with other individuals or organisations except volunteer site supervisors for the lawful purpose of managing the allotment sites and prior consent would be obtained in the first instant (member agreement covers consent for signature).
- Data on former members, who have relinquished allotments or been evicted will be stored for a reasonable time in case they need to be contacted about their former plot.
- Members are welcome to ask for details of any of their own personal data that SKGAS holds on them.
- Members are advised to inform the membership secretary if their personal details change so that records can be updated.